The Sussex Print Company (‘us’, ‘we’) are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
Who are we?
The Sussex Print Company provide print products to individuals and businesses in the UK. Our registered address is: Bramber Avenue, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 8DJ; and our phone number is: 01273 906452
What information is collected from you?
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password.
We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
How will information about you be used?
We may use the information you supply to us in a number of ways:
- To provide you with the products and services you purchase from us.
- For statistical analysis.
- For debt collection purposes.
- To get feedback on the services we provide.
- We may also use your information to send you reminders about the products and services you have already purchased from us by SMS, email or post.
- Sending you newsletters and relevant promotions when you have requested these messages.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with any third parties for their marketing purposes. We will not sell your data on to any third parties.
Companies working on our behalf: In some situations, we use a third party company to help provide some of our services. In these circumstances, we will share only the data required to provide the service.
We have contracts in place with these third parties that ensure your data is stored safely, will not be used for purposes other than fulfilling our contract with them and will not be retained by them for longer than is necessary.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as you remain our customer. Once you cease to be our customer we may keep your personal information for up to 6 years in order to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
If you would not like to receive reminders about products and services you have purchased from us, you can opt out of these messages by contacting The Sussex Print Company by email.
We will not send you promotional material about other products and services we offer or our newsletters unless you have given your consent to receive these messages. You can update your preferences at any time by contacting The Sussex Print Company by email at any time.
Your personal rights
- You have the right to request access to your personal information held by us. We will respond within one month and the information will be provided free of charge. Please do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data, restrict how we use or to delete it. There may be legal or other reasons why we may need to keep using your data but please contact us if you think we should not be using it.
- You also have the right to correct any personal information you believe is incorrect. Please let us know if you think this is the case.
- You have the right to ask for your personal data to be transferred to another service provider in a useful format.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
In addition to the above, we use standard cookies on our website, which also collect personal information.
USE OF ‘COOKIES’
Cookies are small files which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive to ‘remember’ who you are. The majority of web browsers accept cookies, but you can usually change the browser settings to restrict or block all cookies if you wish. However, please be aware that if you do, some functionality may be lost when you use this website.
Each time a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. This is for statistical purposes and includes information such as IP addresses, types of browsers used to access our site, referring sites, most popular pages, path analysis, geographical and demographic information. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
HOW DO YOU TURN COOKIES OFF?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for further details.
If you would like to complain about the way we have handled your data please contact us by email – email@example.com
If, following your complaint you are not happy with the outcome or our response, you are also entitled to complain to the independent regulatory authority, the ICO.
Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk/concerns